Pre-Marital & Post-Marital Agreements
Do you need to…
- Protect your pre-marriage assets or your future inheritance before getting married?
- Account for property you might acquire with your separate property assets while married?
- Prevent conflict between your new spouse and your children from a prior relationship?
- Have extra assurance that your property will be taken care of, and distributed per your wishes, in the event of a divorce (or death)?
- Keep your separate property, separate?
- Minimize conflict if you ever face divorce or probate?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you should probably have a premarital agreement. This legal contract defines your, and your future spouse’s, rights as to the assets and income you currently own, as well as property you may acquire during your marriage. In order for a premarital agreement to be effective, you need an attorney who knows how to draft one, what to include, and which legal steps to take to protect your future.
The lawyers of Hance Law Group have helped clients with premarital agreements for years. We can assist you to:
- Protect your separate property through a premarital agreement
- Create and draft a customized premarital agreement that is tailored to your exact needs
- Include language in your agreement that will prevent conflict or a messy divorce in the future.
If you’re looking to get married, a premarital agreement might be the last thing on your mind. But at Hance Law, we know firsthand how lengthy, stressful litigation or contested divorce can affect a family’s life. With our knowledge and expertise, you can draft a premarital agreement that will take measures against such turmoil, as well as safeguard everything you’ve worked so hard to achieve. Trust our attorneys to help you plan for your future.
To learn more or begin working with an attorney today, contact Hance Law Group today. We’re happy to serve your legal needs, and can be reached at (469) 374-9600.